DELL STUDIO 1558 Screen freezes

pras92003

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013
Since about a few weeks ago, my studio 1558 is not functioning properly. Sometimes on startup there is just a black screen; I can hear the whirring sound of the fan and processor, but nothing is on the screen. Sometimes it would start up, but in black and white. Most of the time it starts up with a green screen; a mesh, like a green net, gets displayed over the screen.

Also, while running, the green screen would suddenly appear and the screen freezes. I think the problem is my graphics card, but how do I test it?
fdl8om77j

Solution
If you have the same problem with the laptop screen and an external monitor, definitely the GPU is to blame. On this laptop, the temperature of the GPU is high if you play heavy games. The solution is to replace the GPU under warranty if it's still valid or get it repaired at a repair store.

pras92003

Honorable
Feb 28, 2013

I did..Connected it to my HDTV..same result. Screen freezes with green mesh like picture and then laptop would boot but with no display..so it means..its my GPU rit??? if so then wat is the solution??.
also here is the link of an image that i took while my laptop was acting up ...http://postimg.org/image/fdl8om77j/

plz have a look

If you have the same problem with the laptop screen and an external monitor, definitely the GPU is to blame. On this laptop, the temperature of the GPU is high if you play heavy games. The solution is to replace the GPU under warranty if it's still valid or get it repaired at a repair store.

Solution