Dell won't turn on

JessiKa_2

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
Alright so I have a dell inspiron 2 in 1 700 series. It currently turns on and gets to the dell logo before turning itself off making a little clicking sound. All the lights do come on when she starts up. It started doing this about a month ago. I replaced the CMO battery. Removed the battery. And bought a new power cord. Nothing work. Last week she started up just fine out of the blue. I was able to run a diagnostic test and everything came out fine. Came home today and tried to turn her on and she's doing the same thing she was doing a couple days ago. I can't press f12 or f2 or f8 because she won't stay on long enough past the dell screen to get anywhere. What could be wrong?

Bardebay

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
how long you have the computer for?maby because is too old,but you can also check with some computer tech and see it directly because it is not easy to see the computer with out any idea how it loos,etc.

JessiKa_2

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017

JessiKa_2

Commendable
Jan 2, 2017
It just over a year old. I bought it in September of 2015. I know older computers have issues. But this shouldn't be the case with a one year old computer.

Bardebay

Commendable
Dec 8, 2016
then ya, i think you should go and ask for help from a actual fixing shop,because if the computer dosnt eventurn on,so what can you do about it?
if you have warranty,then go for the dell shop,if not,then try just getting some good engerneer.

Spacejunkie

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017
Hi JessiKa, I suspect the hard drive to be causing this as you have mentioned clicking noise. However, its tricky as the diagnostics have passed. Would you be ok to remove the hard drive and try booting??? It should go past Dell logo and give an error.