Demo or how to guide

Jsg123

Commendable
Feb 5, 2017
This may sound really stupid, and maybe it is, but is there anywhere to find out what an app does AND how to use it before you download it? Like a demo webpage or something? There are so many people, myself included, that will not download an app before we see what it does and how to use it. Would you get a car if you didn't know how to drive, no one showed you?
- Hey, there's this great app !
- - What's it do?
- I dont know, you have to download it.
- - Well, how's it work?
- I don't know, you have to download it.
- - um, well, nah...no thanks.
There is a huge market out there if people who are not using apps simply because there's no demo and basic instructions. These people will not try to figure it out, they just won't use it.

Solution
In case of Android:
That's why I have cheap secondary device which I can reset at any moment.
Some of the apps can be run in an emulator, which is also easy to reset.

As for the apps: Always check who's the developer, whether it has web site, contacts info etc.

USAFRet

Illustrious
If the creator fails to post some info, to include how to use it and what it is for, then he is utterly clueless.

And them being clueless, I could not trust that application to not screw up my system. I will not have that 'app' on my system. So he loses, and I lose nothing.

Why would YOU install some random junk that someone else told you about?

If someone is telling you it is 'great', how does he know?

In case of Android:
That's why I have cheap secondary device which I can reset at any moment.
Some of the apps can be run in an emulator, which is also easy to reset.

As for the apps: Always check who's the developer, whether it has web site, contacts info etc.

Solution