Denon AVR-1709 not outputting sound

MrSentry

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Hi. Today I picked up a Denon AVR-1709 AV Receiver and it was going great while I was setting it up. There is only one problem now...there is basically no sound coming out of the speakers. I say basically because if I turn the master volume all the way up, static and faint voices from the TV come out of the speakers. I have tried multiple troubleshooting steps, and one of them being to change the input to the receiver. Currently I have an HDMI running from the cable box to the receiver, then from the receiver to the TV. Thanks a ton to anyone who can help me with fixing this issue!

UPDATE - Just tried plugging in a speaker to the headphones port on the receiver, and still only static came out of that. Another quick thing to mention is that the static wasn't the usual type that I hear out of that speaker. This was more of a hum. Hope this helps!

MrSentry

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
For anyone viewing this with the same problem, I came to the conclusion that it is just broken. If I end up getting it checked out by someone who knows more about AV receivers, I will definitely post the solution here.