Denon avr 1804 home theater receiver..minimum ohm ratings..

Sowndgod

Prominent
Jul 14, 2017
Just bought one...manual suggests a 200w per chan output on the stereo "B" speaker outputs and holding a 2ohm load..only need it to hold a 4 ohm load for a couple of 2x10" floor monitors I use for reproducing electric guitar...anybody out there ever tested those manual listed numbers?

Solution
Other specs for that receiver show a minimum of 6 ohms but because they even give a dynamic power rating into 2 and 4 ohms you should be OK. Might shut down if it overheats.
I suspect you won't be happy unless you are using a guitar with it's own amp-cabinet modeling software. Without that the sound will be dry and lacking in richness. A guitar amp adds it's own character to the sound. A receiver won't do that in the same way.
Other specs for that receiver show a minimum of 6 ohms but because they even give a dynamic power rating into 2 and 4 ohms you should be OK. Might shut down if it overheats.
I suspect you won't be happy unless you are using a guitar with it's own amp-cabinet modeling software. Without that the sound will be dry and lacking in richness. A guitar amp adds it's own character to the sound. A receiver won't do that in the same way.

Solution