Nov 21, 2019
The time has come when I must finally bow to the inevitable and realize that I need a forum to answer my worries. I bought (what I thought was a steal!) a netbook from Wish.com which was advertised as a laptop simply for the amount of RAM it has (6), the 120 GB SSD + 500 GB HDD but without a CD/DVD drive. All was peachy till about 2 weeks ago when I discovered that the wireless adapter had failed to launch, forcing me to connect to the internet via a wire as I am now. The wire isn't so terrible, but it also means that I cannot move about in the house without a cord trailing me everywhere.

The seller being Wish, the product came directly from China. I still get calls now and then from the China consulate (in Chinese) wanting a review from me. The product is a DERE with a completely unique symbol on the front. I'm not a complete newb when it comes to laptops but this is so strange that even Google cannot give me a good response. The product does have Intel in it, Windows Pro and registered, but how to get adapters working agains without a factory reset is beyond me.

And then my onboard webcam failed and because I use it frequently, the loss prompted me to create a profile here.

Solution
It sounds like hardware issues and not software ones to me. If that is the case, then if it is under any kind of warranty, I would contact the place you bought it through about a repair or replacement. (Yes I read what you said about where you got it.)

Baring that, then you are looking at having a tech look it over and replace the needed parts. If that is the case, then I would call around and find out who can do the work for the most reasonable amount.
It sounds like hardware issues and not software ones to me. If that is the case, then if it is under any kind of warranty, I would contact the place you bought it through about a repair or replacement. (Yes I read what you said about where you got it.)

Baring that, then you are looking at having a tech look it over and replace the needed parts. If that is the case, then I would call around and find out who can do the work for the most reasonable amount.

Solution
Nov 21, 2019
The warranty was for 180 days and that was almost a year ago. Thankfully I have an in-law who specializes in the tech work, but sometimes I wonder if it's "less hairy" to not keep it all in the family.