Desktop Speakers Split With PS3 and PC

Striker2807

Honorable
Jan 5, 2014
Hello Everyone!

I am not sure if I am posting this in the right section so I apologize if it isn't. Anyway, I hope I am not going to sound too stupid, but I am trying to split my desktop speakers between my computer and my PS3.

I am running a dual monitor setup and I decided would like to hook up my PS3 to one of my monitors (via HDMI). However, in doing that I didn't have sound from my PS3. I could hook a pair of headphones in to the monitor and have sound, but I am wanting a solution to where I don't have to keep plugging and unplugging headphones every time I play PS3. So I got to wondering if I could use the speakers I use for my computer now for my PS3 as well. Well I never really did find a way to do this, but I found out you could use an AV cable like the one here and then just combine it with a cable like the one here and you can just hook speakers to the PS3 via the 3.5mm port. So I bought another cable that allowed me to split the 3.5mm wire from my speakers to both the PS3 and the computer itself.

The problem I am having now is when the PS3 is off the sound from my computer is so low that even if you crank the volume up all the way you still can barely hear it. If I turn on my PS3 though or unhook the sound from it the sound is fine. I don't really understand why this is, but is there a way to fix this so that the sound between the two is equal or close to it? Is there a switchbox or something I can use?

I hope that makes sense I have been looking on google for about an hour and I haven't really had much luck hoping someone here can help me out.

Thanks!

esco_sid

Honorable
May 11, 2012

esco_sid

Honorable
May 11, 2012
Sorry not sure what else to advise you if you have the $ those speakers are one of highest rated computer speakers i just realized i bought the a5+ tho which are same just bigger brother of a2+ guys over at head-fi.org might know more over there its all about audio equipment forums there.