Desperate for help deciding if to keep laptop

PastorHSS

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014
Last Saturday I purchased a Flex 2 15 (59425111). I have until next Saturday to return it for a full refund if not satisfied. It is to replace an Asus U50F whose hard disk died. (I did order a new hard disk.)

I really like the features of the Flex that my Asus didn't have: Haswell processor; Touch Screen; 6GB RAM; a 3.0 USB; Bluetooth; Backlit keyboard; being able to use it in laptop, stand, tent positions; the fact that it is thin, yet has a DVD. It really runs fast and smooth.

On the other hand, I still am trying to get used to the finicky and sometimes erratic touchpad. I've read about issues with network connection instability ... keyboard backlight not working ... and critiques about the low contrast screen; the bending of the keyboard as you type; the speakers; the plastic body. Also, it has no VGA port. I don't seem to have a problem with the screen, the keyboard, or others, but worry about the backlight and most certainly about the wifi instability.

Then, there's the final consideration ... I purchased this laptop from OfficeMax on sale for only $429.00. Compared to the prices I've seen for it and considering some of the features, I think it is a really good deal.

Can anyone share their experience, comments or opinions? Please ... and thanks!

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
Nothing to worry about until something happens. People have had issues with every type of laptop before, not just this one. Wifi troubles I'd not be surprised if they occur because it seems to be a Windows 8-related issue on all laptops.

PastorHSS

Estimable
Nov 21, 2014

Thanks for your response and advice, turkey3_scratch.