Dev Angry Over App Approval, Apple Responds

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okibrian

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2009
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]Are you telling me if I open a pet store I have to sell certain pet foods?It's my own god damn store I can sell whatever the hell I want...[/citation]
No one is telling you that you have to sell a product, but you cannot limit others from selling an application because you want to make the same one. Oh yeah, and that is after Apple seen your source code when you submitted for approval. People have no problem with talking shit about Microsoft and IE and THEY ARE NOT LIMMITING YOU TO BE ABLE TO INSTALL A NEW BROWSER. Apple is limiting you, as the only way (without jail breaking) to get an app on your device is from the app store.

bin1127

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2008
Frank's response was well stated and all apple could respond with is another 'in your face' comment making it all worse. Have you apple fans gave a single thought about what kind of company apple is?

steve jobs is not your best friend.

gilbertfh

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2009
I am personally not a fan of either Zune or IPOD in fact my family has owned both. We have had I think 4 IPODs and one Zune 30gb. My Zune is still going strong after a couple of our IPODS have bit the dust. Maybe I got lucky but it is apples(no pun intended) and oranges to me. Both are good devices and enjoyable to use. Timewaster apps like those on facebook that can be made by any goober with a computer are what Apple is trying to keep from their site. That being said they should really allow apps to be loaded from 3rd party websites if the user so chooses. If a consumer wants to put apps that do not conform with Apple's values onto a device they own well then they should be allowed to do it.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
[citation][nom]bin1127[/nom]Frank's response was well stated and all apple could respond with is another 'in your face' comment making it all worse. Have you apple fans gave a single thought about what kind of company apple is?steve jobs is not your best friend.[/citation]

I don't think anyone here thinks he is. It is just that consumers, once they get something "pretty much perfect", they expect it to stay that way. Apple rules the portable music sector with their iPod, so naturally, people are going to expect miracles when they decide to purchase one. As soon as they hit brick walls, they flip! Simple!

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]grieve[/nom]Zune is a good product, but hasn't a chance in hell of overtaking the ipod in sales. [/citation]
Well, if you ask me, ipod touch is a restricted, cheaper looking version of Sony Walkman. :)

Tedders

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
I like how people bitch and moan about the crappy coding on the iPod. Has everyone forgotten about when the Zunes crashed at new year because some stupid Microsoft people didn't program their code right? Good lord people. This crap is getting childish.

FlayerSlayer

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2009
Wait, so Apple doesn't explain why apps get blocked, but it's ok because they're "evolving" the app store, though they won't explain how or when for that either.

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
My Bud has a 120gig Zune... It feels plastic and realy fragile. I hate the controls as well. The software is no better then Itunes. Also.. there are 0 Apps.

I am an Intel lover, Microsoft fanboy and i own a 3g Iphone which is the best toy i ever bought. I would never consider a zune over my ipod/phone with 36000 apps to mess with when im bored of the interenet.

smleth

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2009
Things will change, Apple will get nocked off of their pedistal just like before. I am sure anyone could make a product just like the IPhone as long as it was built in sweat shops in China and as long as the company ignores the fact that they explode and gives people refunds to keep their mouth shut. I would not be surprised if it is not a government entity that come in and takes them out.

G

Apple knows it's demographics, so just open your wallets and bleed like good silent sheep.

Don't like it, then you have to start learning what the term "bang for the buck" means and be more responsible before snorting up any more electronic crack.

It's that simple.

Status
Not open for further replies.