Device Locked by Google Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Strini

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016
In Losing my phone and locking it via my google account, my wifes phone was also locked (as it is also listed as a device on my Google account).
Through my google account, we can change the lockout display message, make it ring, but cannot come up with the password the screen requires to allow phone access.
It accepts calls, but can only make calls to the "owner".
We suspect the password it requires is the wifes Google password, of which we have no idea what it is. I have tried recovery options 100 times with no success.
Would be happy to just start another account for her, but that wont unlock the phone.
Other than a factory reset - which I'm sure I can do via my google account, I dont know how to get the phone back.
Any ideas anyone ??? Mark

Have you tried doing the recovery on a computer rather than a phone?

I have run into this issue before, and for some reason google likes to make it very hard to fix from phone. It is, much easier to fix from a computer.

You can then have the password changed and information sent to you. Once the information is updated on the account, you can then use the new password on the device.

If this doesn't work, for some reason, then there is something very odd going on with your account and you might want to contact google directly.

Mark Strini

Commendable
Jun 3, 2016

Thank you very much for your reply.
Unfortunately, I have done the recovery on the PC several times, in an attempt to get a password reset for this google account but we cannot provide enough detail for verification. The account is 4 years old and never been used, and my wife - and her lack of password security and information regarding, - has obviously just come to a head. I get a far as google sending us an e-mail verification code, but on entering that code, it still says they dont have enough information. Very frustrating.
I would love to contact google, but I cannot find a "contact us" link where I can actually write to them, and not be directed to standard help links.
Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.