Question Device to use wired headphones with TV

May 27, 2020
My Hisense TV does not have a headphone jack, so I recently bought the following DAC to use - https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B08318WQWR/ref=pe_3187911_189395841_TE_dp_1

However whilst it works, there's a slight hissing and clicking, even when nothing is playing, which is when it's more noticeable. I tried unplugging the optical lead from the TV and just plugging my headphones directly into the DAC and the problem persisted, so it's coming from the DAC itself. I tried a replacement but the problem is still there.

It’s so frustrating because I’m not after wireless Bluetooth headphones just a way to listen using my existing headphones. Should I look for a soundbar with a headphone out port or possibly even a receiver?

any recommendations?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Audio 1
medinad92 Audio 0
S Audio 1
OhGod Audio 2
velkugan Audio 2
V Audio 1
B Audio 3
iOnlyRave Audio 0
K Audio 2
P Audio 0
D Audio 2
A Audio 1
accessgamer Audio 3
S Audio 1
V Audio 1
J Audio 2
K Audio 1
C Audio 1
K Audio 1
H Audio 2
Similar threads
Question Xbox & Computer both connected to same monitor... How can I get my standalone speakers to play audio through both devices?
Question Blue Snowball Ice only picks up sound when listen to this device is enabled
Question Connecting multiple devices (DVR, Blu-ray, Apple TV., gaming console) to soundbar or TV?
Question Audio Devices
Question How to upgrade Sony MHC-GN88D with external Bluetooth Device
Question Speakers and headphones are not recognized as separate devices, and sound plays in both.
Question Feedback/low frequency hum on ATH 40x from PC but on on other devices
Question ModMic USB - Can't find the device
Question Device that controls speaker and headphones
Question Controlling Bluetooth headphone volume from external device intermittent
Solved! Crackling/static noise in soundbar USB Audio Device and HDMI TV Voice meter combination
Question Is there such a thing as a speaker switch to play speakers from 2 different devices with priority?
2.4 Ghz GAMING HEAD SET and EARBUDS INLINE MIC NOT WORKING ON MOBILE DEVICE WHEN CONNECTED VIA
How to connect USB headset to device with optical output?
I am trying to connect a home theater system and an external reciever also (to get more blast) what device can I get?
Solved! Audio from HDMI devices connected to TV to amplifier via TosLink Issue?
Repairing exposed wires on a wireless earbuds (Jaybird X3)
Speaker wire to RCA input. Amp to amp
IS there a Device that takes optical and sends it to a 5.1 surround speaker wire system. (In place of an AV receiver)
Correct wiring for connecting all devices to one remote

ASK THE COMMUNITY