DHL Cuts 9,500 Jobs, 4% Market Share Up for Grabs

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

"...company has a less than optimistic view of the future of the U.S. economy." more likely they've been having their lunch handed to them by UPS and FEDEX. Is it me or did DHL always seem one step up from a pizza delivery service?

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Lol, I've seen one of their trucks ever. UPS and Fedex were just better services period. This is like circuit city blaming the economy. Circuit city failed because they sucked, DHL failed for the same reasons. They sucked.

G

"market seems imply"
"and come after the reduction"

Does nobody proof this stuff anymore?

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
you know the saying, there's a reason for everything?

well the reason for our economic crisis was to get DHL outta the states. CRISIS FTW

G

well the reason for our economic crisis was to get DHL outta the states.

To get DHL out of the states? Give me a break....

You buy stuff from China. Why not get that stuff out of the states too. Dumb hick FTW!

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
Sorry to hear that so many people will be loosing their jobs due to the shortcomings of others.

But;
DHL has lousy service. I have only used them once (not by choice) and they mishandled a package that arrived 4 weeks late and they didn't even handle the final delivery, instead just dropped it off with a letter carrier.
Every that I have ever spoken with about DHL say that same thing "DHL sucks" UPS, FedEX and The USPS already have a tight stranglehold on the package delivery market; there isn't much room for another competitor especially a poor quality one. DHL closing down or cutting back was inevitable.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
Lol wtf is up with people saying loosing recently? It's hilarious when I'm called a "looser" online. I just go wtf? Are you retarded?

G

DHL is fine, good prices and fast service. It's hard to convince a company to switch shippers when they already know the drivers/service reps. UPS and Fedex aren't better, in fact they are usually slower, but they are just bigger and have customer service reps available. DHL tried to compete at the wrong time that's all... ten years ago they would dominate.

G

DHL's business model, as expressed in their ad campaign, is "We're not FedEx and we're not UPS." I was spending $30,000 a year on shipping and my reaction to that ad campaign was a big yawn.

Status
Not open for further replies.