Did I just make a Huge Mistake?

laurenluna1977

Honorable
Jun 12, 2013
I was in the market for a new laptop for work mainly. I am a paralegal and most of the time the laptop will be used for word processing on MsWord.

I had a budget of about $700. Just right now I came across some deals in the Lenovo Outlet, and had 2 choices:

Lenovo Yoga 13 for about $600 w/tax and the Lenovo Y580 for about $700 w/ tax. I chose the Y580 because of the QuadCore cpu and the video card (figured if it was a bonus if I could do some gaming as well, plus the indsides will make sure I will be able to handle any work project.)

However, I did not realize that the y580 model I picked had a max resolution of 1380 x 768 for a 15.6 laptop. I have heard that this was not good for word processing. Is that true? My current 15.6 has a reso of 1280 x 800, so I figured y580 had all around better specs.

Zooshooter

Honorable
Feb 8, 2013

Frequently you can attach an external monitor to a laptop these days. Depending on the resolution that the external monitor supports, and if the laptop hardware itself will allow it, you may be able to use much higher resolutions. We do this a lot where I work, give them bigger monitors and a laptop dock, but they need the monitors mostly because their eyesight is bad.