Did i make a mistake?

StanicEnemy

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014
I have corsair void pro usb gaming headset to play games and casual listening musics... but when it comes to listening musics this headset doesnt really give me the sound that i want,its like pure washed sound and bad,even my asus in-ear is better than that,so i just ordered a audio-technica ath-m20x to listen musics on my pc and android phone,did i really make a mistake? some people said i made a mistake its not for me,im a audio noob i just wanted to listen musics in a clear way.

hearing and enjoying music depends on a few factors

1. your personal hearing, all jokes aside, if your youth was spend in a club sitting on the speakers, likely your hearing Is not as tuned into range of sounds than someone that did not.

2. equipment your listening with (ie headphones) Gaming headphones usually are not the same range as music is set in Hz range so music can sound tinny or not rich an audiophile headphone (ie Bose QC 35 @ 389$ versus a 150$ gaming heaphones)

3. equipment your listening to music with... an Sound system Amp will generate a much richer sound than your computer will when playing that MP3 therefore the sound will be much different

a mistake is only an action you regret, if the gaming headphone are great for gaming, then why call it a mistake?

StanicEnemy

Estimable
Mar 30, 2014

I mean did i mistake by buying m20x cause my budget is 50€