The characteristics are:
IPS panel,
512GB SSD,
16GB RAM,
gtx 860m
i7 4720 processor.
"Refurbished"

I paid $796.95 for it inlcuding tax.
At the moment i feel that i overpayed a bit for it, but I want to know what you guys think, if it is a good price or did i really overpayed.

1. Do you think i overpayed and what is your opinión?
2. How do I check if it is an IPS panel when i receive it?
3. how do i check how much VRAM does the video card haves?

UPDATE: I found the answer of my questions by using HWINFO64, I really recommend it if you want to know a Little bit more about your system.
I recieved it and it came better than what i ordered, it came with a gtx 960m.

Thank You

Tchota

Estimable
May 11, 2015
You didnt overpay because that laptop costs around 1000$ new.

To check which screen you have, you can go to your desktop, right click and enter "change resolution". It will open a screen where you can see the name of the screen at "display". Then google it to see if that display is an ISP screen.

to check how much vram your GPU have you can use CPU-Z.

becast

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012

Thank You very much. to check the display of the laptop if it is ips it doesnt appear the name when i look for the name in the instructions you gave me. Is there another way to check?

By the way i just received it today, and it came better than i wanted if it is relly ips display. i order it with a gtx 860m and came with gtx 960m.

becast

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Thank you everybody for the help, does someone else know how to check if it is ips panel not but just looking at it but looking at system info in my pc or by installing something

There is no way to check if you have an IPS panel other than looking at. If it has pretty good viewing angles (colors do not distort too much) when look at the screen at different angles, then it is an IPS panel.

There is a way to verify if you have an IPS panel, but that involves removing the panel so that you can look at the manufacture's label for LCD panel and then Google the model #. Generally not worth the trouble.

becast

Honorable
Apr 24, 2012
Thank you everybody for the help, I finally found a way.
I used hwinfo64 and it showed me the model number of the display and then i googled it and showed me the display details. It did say it was IPS.

I do recommend hwinfo64 if you want to know a Little bit more about your system.