Difference between first generation and second generation

Jun 1, 2018
what is the deffrent between 4 cores of intel i7 for ex first generation and 4 cores i7 second gen Regardless of core clock ?

Solution

The next gen vs the previous gen.
Both going at the same speed (GHz), both have the same number of tires or cylinders in the engine (cores), but one can do more things at once (carry more people).

When we built the 4 passenger car, we did not know how to build the 15 passenger van. Now we do...:)

USAFRet

Illustrious

In what context are you asking this question?
IPC
Number of transistors
Trace width in nm
Price
laptop or desktop
etc, etc, etc...

Jun 1, 2018
for ex : what is the deffrence between "4 cores" of intel i7 880 and "4 cores" of intel i7 2600 Regardless of core clock speed of cores , Is there a difference in the method of manufacture for example ! .. , or just the clock speed , if just the clock speed so why the i7 2600 with 3.4 clock can get 60 fps for ex in a game but the i7 880 with 3.4ghz ( overlocked ) can not get frames like the second gen with the same card maybe 50 to 55 fps .. , so in this case what is the deffrent between this two cases

i watch this deffrence in youtube i7 2600 3.4ghz with 1050 ti can get 60 and i7 880 with 3.4 can get 45 to 53 fps

USAFRet

Illustrious
One context is Instructions Per Clock.

Or...how many things can the CPU do for each clock cycle.

At the same "speed", which is more efficient at moving people down the highway - A 4 passenger car or a 15 passenger van?
Which one gets more people to the end of the road the fastest?

USAFRet

Illustrious

The next gen vs the previous gen.
Both going at the same speed (GHz), both have the same number of tires or cylinders in the engine (cores), but one can do more things at once (carry more people).

When we built the 4 passenger car, we did not know how to build the 15 passenger van. Now we do...:)

Solution