Disable Toshiba Laptop Speakers

theshit

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
Hi my question is how can i disable the speakers on my Toshiba Satellite C660 -125 without having to physically go into the machine and disconnect the wires? I have tried the control panel/driver method but doesn't work --- always the same message about the process timing out or somesuch unchallengable nonsense. Any ideas appreciated, thank you, since i really need to disable the speakers. Toshiba if you're listening --- please get a grip on your users' real requirements one time? I am far from the only one totally baffled and terminally irritated by this simple issue (hard to imagine myself buying your products again after this little run-around, frankly..)
Thanks in anticipation, anyone..

Solution
It is really very simple. :)

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. On the "Playback" tab right click on the "Speakers" and then click "Disable".

It should stop the speakers from making sound now. Yet, should you want to use them again, all you would need to do is go back in there and re-enable them.
It is really very simple. :)

1. Go into "Control Panel".
2. Click on "Sound".
3. On the "Playback" tab right click on the "Speakers" and then click "Disable".

It should stop the speakers from making sound now. Yet, should you want to use them again, all you would need to do is go back in there and re-enable them.

Solution