Disappointing Black Friday Sales!!

SecretG

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Looks like the Black Friday didn't really effect any gaming laptops sales. I was expecting to see gtx 960m laptops going for $500 or less and yet they are still overpriced at $700. And why are the 980m laptops are still being priced for like 1200 bucks? cant they see just how irrelevant they are now with the release of new pascal gpu that you could buy for that same if not cheaper price.

Maybe now we should just wait for next year and see if the success of Nintendo switch triple A gaming on the go for under $300 will put these corporates selling overpriced weak gaming laptops out of business.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

You are forgetting something and that is manufacturing cost. Even if the gtx 960m is outdated that doesn't mean it gets cheaper to make. If it now costs 250$$ to make it will in 6 months time still be around that price even if a new generation launches. No company wants to sell their products at a loss. However if a product gets too old and still a bit of money can be of off it then they will sell those below manufacturing price. Thats how I got my msi gt70- ond 2 years back for 600 euro.

SecretG

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015

I wonder how much it actually takes them to manufacture them, assuming its just a normal laptop with nothing fancy. i dont care about back light, design or any of that crap because im not picky on how it looks. I just want a good functioning laptop with good gaming performance. Black friday only convinced me that i could get a 960m for that same price any time any day of the year. So why did i ended up waiting so long? I guess to realize the obvious. THE SHIT IS STILL TOO EXPENSIVE!

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

The thing is that the actual raw materials do cost less than the finished product but don't forget that the research, manufacturing and many more things are calculated into the price. Of course they will try to make max profit when they can.

13thmonkey

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006

Seeing as it should only take $400 to make a $600 laptop, you do it... you price it up, you get the people, the support, the licensing in place, you make enough profit so that if you have a bad period you can survive.