Disk at 100%

Thomas_149

Commendable
Jul 20, 2016
Recently I have been noticing that games I am playing are running at a lower frame rate than they used to. I looked in my task manager and I noticed that the disk is at 100%. Is that normal? Has it always been like that and is it affecting my gameplay? How do I lower it if I need to? I did a virus scan and found nothing.

Solution
Well it could actually be things running in the background, processes you may not even be aware are running, and aren't needed. Or it could be a software bug that will make your disk say it is at 100%, but these almost always end up being bugs in 3rd party drivers. I would check the drivers on your system and make sure they are all updated. As while Microsoft will send out auto updates, many other companies do not, leaving you hanging until you do the driver update yourself.
Well it could actually be things running in the background, processes you may not even be aware are running, and aren't needed. Or it could be a software bug that will make your disk say it is at 100%, but these almost always end up being bugs in 3rd party drivers. I would check the drivers on your system and make sure they are all updated. As while Microsoft will send out auto updates, many other companies do not, leaving you hanging until you do the driver update yourself.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS