Disney's Netflix Purge Spells Doom for Your Wallet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Markason

Commendable
Feb 24, 2016
Since most of the films being produced by these studios are mindless cinematic adaptations of comic book material, I have zero interest in subscribing to their streaming sites.

Daekar3

Commendable
Aug 12, 2016
Surely they don't think people are actually going to flush their money down the drain for this drivel? People will pick and choose what they most want and say screw the rest, that's just too much. It could backfire if it results in fragmentation of the audience and not enough people can talk about their shows with their friends and coworkers.

carlsteve

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
"Genre fans who aren't already paying for cable will also need to find a way to get access to AMC to see The Walking Dead, Fear the Walking Dead, and Preacher. The network doesn't have a service for cord cutters, but you can get it as part of the $35 DirecTV Now streaming package, view older seasons on Netflix or purchase individual episodes on Amazon or iTunes."

The article failed to mention that AMC is also available through PlayStation Vue and Sling TV.

carlsteve

Commendable
Oct 12, 2016
The plethora of choices is becoming absurd. For most people, the main reason behind cord cutting was to get away from the high cost of traditional cable and/or satellite and the excess of channels they don't watch. Subscribing to multiple streaming services won't save any money. Then there's the issue of overlap and duplication. For example, I can get several seasons worth of reruns of Criminal Minds, Flashpoint, and other shows through free over-the-air channels, Netflix, and several cable channels with my PlayStation Vue subscription. Why would I want to pay for CBS All Access to get a much more limited number of the same shows? I'd love to be able to watch Star Trek Discovery, but I'm having trouble justifying paying up to $10 a month to watch one show that will have a limited run.

marieface1

Prominent
Aug 15, 2017
This is why people just pirate things, and if this keeps happening it will only cause more pirating not less. Making it harder by spreading every network and companies shows across multiple streaming services is ridiculous. I know there will be people that pay for this. I myself am not convinced it will be worth it. I will say that I hope to all the gods they do not take DD, LC, JJ, and IF off of NetFlix for their own service. I am not fully convinced that Disney themselves can afford to maintain the quality if they do.

Status
Not open for further replies.