lastpotato99

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015
I have an HP pavilion p037-ax and the brightness controls are inconsistent. Sometimes when I press the brightness down button once it will turn off the back light (the screen is still on) sometimes have have to press it more than once. When i restart the PC it will fix the problem temporarily, the problem usually occurs again after it has been in standby.
I have tried the installing the original graphics drivers that came with the PC, the most upto date ones and some in between and i still have the issue. when I re-install the drivers the problem seems to fix itself for a longer period of time.

thanks

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Monitor driver.
- Go to Device Manager and under Monitors, uninstall the Generic PnP Monitor driver.
- Reboot your laptop after uninstalling the driver and it should reinstall automatically.
- Do observe the laptop again after the reboot.
- If the same problem will persist do also a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go back to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop again after installing the driver and...
Hi,

Please do try these troubleshooting steps that may help.
- First is to uninstall/reinstall the Monitor driver.
- Go to Device Manager and under Monitors, uninstall the Generic PnP Monitor driver.
- Reboot your laptop after uninstalling the driver and it should reinstall automatically.
- Do observe the laptop again after the reboot.
- If the same problem will persist do also a clean install of the graphics card driver.
- Go back to Device Manager and uninstall the AMD graphics driver.
- Next is to check Programs and Features then uninstall anything related to AMD.
- Once done, download and install the latest driver.
- Here's the link: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop again after installing the driver and test it again after.

Hopefully this will help. :)

Solution

lastpotato99

Estimable
Nov 16, 2015

I have tried this and it worked for about a day and then the brightness was back to its usual behaviour