display gone to blank(black)

Naleem

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
I have Lenovo Z570 idea-pad laptop and recently the display gone to blank(black). but when I connect the laptop to the TV through a HDMI cable it shows the display, but I couldn't play audio files as it says there were no audio device or drive install in it. what should be the problem, can any one advise on this?

Solution
I would try updating the drivers for the sound. If that doesn't help, try troubleshooting it. Also make sure they aren't set to be disabled or muted. Can happen.
Most likely, since you can see fine on an external screen, then the attached display is the problem.

NOTE: If the laptop is still under warranty, then contact the manufacturer. If you open it up (as suggested below) that can void the warranty.

If it isn't under warranty, then either you, or a tech, can try opening it up and check the ribbon cable that connects the display. Make sure it isn't damaged, torn, pinched, loose, etc. If it seems OK, try unplugging it on both ends and then reconnecting it. If that doesn't resolve it and the cord is good, the display itself may need replacing.

Naleem

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017

Naleem

Prominent
Mar 23, 2017
thank you for the reply
but why I cant play audio files which was worked perfectly before the display problem arise. now Im getting a message saying that there was no audio device or audio drive install in it. will it be the motherboard problem, if that so is it advisable to go for a new laptop or repair this one, as I heard that the mother board cost more.