DNS Unlocker Removal

TheRealHoody

Estimable
Jul 31, 2014
Ok so Idk if this is the right place to post this but I really need some help with an issue. Recently I have gotten this DNS Unlocker ad virus ordeal. I have gone everywhere to see how you remove it. I have gone to my control panel to removing of software, found it an removed it then looked at the extenstions on all the browsers and saw I had nothing to do with this problem. Thought it was fixed but when I go to here or any other site , certain words are underlined and when I hover over it a window pops and has the name Ads by DNS Unlocker . I have used my Malware Bytes and Spyhunter 4 on this. Claims it has removed everything but when I restart its all there again. I open a tab on the browser and if I click something another tab opens an its another AD. I have nothing left to uninstall that has anything to do with the virus. Any Ideas on what I should do ? I have thought about restoring back to factory settings with a clean install but I thought I would Ask for help before doing so. I have an Asus desktop Windows 8.1

R4lNM4N

Estimable
Jul 30, 2014
1) Backup your data
2) Hold your shift key while restarting Windows 8.1.
3)When prompted, select troubleshoot
4)Then select reset your PC

This will wipe your hard drive and perform a factory reset of the machine

Becky_1

Estimable
Aug 20, 2015
Have you cleared your browser cookies or reset the browser to default settings? Sometimes the app adds a cookie to your browser and causes the constant ads. You can follow the instructions in this post to clear the cookies or restore browser settings: http://guides.uufix.com/several-steps-to-remove-dns-unlocker-from-your-computer-effectively/
I'm nut sure if it works.
Good luck.

buzzlightyear1

Estimable
Sep 23, 2015
Guys DNS Unlocker is most likely showing ads in your browser because of hijacked/poisoned DNS, no need to reinstall the OS. Check your DNS servers on your OS and router to check they are what you expect them to be (either automatic or values provided by a dns provider like Google DNS or OpenDNS).

In my case I found that the most likely cause is a poisoned upstream DNS server providing incorrect values for www.google-analytics.com, my DNS settings were intact. You can install Malware Bytes and activate the Premium features, and/or install an adblocker and block *.google-analytics.com. Blocking *.dnsqa.me will also help.

Ekaterina

Estimable
Oct 28, 2015
It seems to me that you are speaking about this:
DNSUnlocker.jpg

We tested different DNS Unlocker removal ways and made a big instruction which will help you with a 99,99% possibility if you follow it step-by-step. Here it is: How to remove DNS Unlocker. Let us know if you will success or fail.
Good luck.