Solved! do i need new keyboard for asus ux305c notebook

Feb 23, 2021
hello, my laptop (asus ux305c notebook)had a bit of liquid spilt on it around a year ago.
since then aprox 7 of my keys are not working.
do you think I just need to put a new keyboard ?
if I put in a new keyboard could I find the keys still don't work because maybe something else has been damaged in the laptop due to the bit of liquid spilt on it.
i,m wondering if I should buy a new keyboard and get my son to replace it for me as he done his own once on a different laptop or do I need to take it to a repair shop.
thankyou in advance for any advice.

Solution
It's unlikely anything else was damaged if the spill was small and not at the edge of the keyboard. You will need a new keyboard. Cleaning the old keys is very difficult on most keyboards. Having someone change the keyboard who is not experienced is a risk. It is easy to damage connectors inside. I would suggest getting the service manual (usually you can find these on line) as it is not always obvious how things come apart. Be sure to follow good ESD practices also (research this on line).
It's unlikely anything else was damaged if the spill was small and not at the edge of the keyboard. You will need a new keyboard. Cleaning the old keys is very difficult on most keyboards. Having someone change the keyboard who is not experienced is a risk. It is easy to damage connectors inside. I would suggest getting the service manual (usually you can find these on line) as it is not always obvious how things come apart. Be sure to follow good ESD practices also (research this on line).

Reactions: mylap19
Solution