Question Does a docking station that bridges peripheries and monitors to a laptop and computer exist?

Oct 24, 2021
Hey all,

I am hoping someone has some experience with hubs or docking stations. I am looking for a hub, or a docking station that can connect 1 DP monitor 144hz (important), 1 HDMI monitor and a possible 3rd monitor (if this device I am searching for only supports 2, thats okay). And about 2 USB slots for peripherals, and maybe 1-2 USB-C (I assume to connect my PC and Laptop to the device).

Why I specify what I have and need is because I just don't know if it exists and if I am even naming/searching for the right device? I want to be able to connect my PC and Laptop to this device and it would bridge my peripherals and monitors, so I don't have to change 4-5 slots everyday between work and play. I essentially want to be able to have my laptop connected for work in the morning, finish my work, unplug the connector to my laptop, turn on my computer, and my peripherals and monitors would then be registered on my computer. I am okay with unplugging the connecter (I am going to assume USB-C) constantly for my laptop as it will be on the table, but I just need it to be pretty static for my computer. If the device can't automatically detect source, that's also okay, but I legitimately have no idea if what I am searching for is called a hub or a docking station or like a switch?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2021
Go to Amazon and search on "usb docking station for laptop".
I have been. It seems that only 60hz is the only thing supported in terms of HDMI Switches, or ports. I can't find one that can support my 144hz DisplayPort monitor. Some are literally just hdmi switches, which is great, but I also need the periphery functions. Unless I buy a HDMI/DP switch that supports 144hz, and a USB docking station, that can connect to my laptop with Thunderbolt or USB-C