Does anyone know about this TV related Oddity?

GhostHunter94

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
This might be a bit delayed considering i've had this odd issue (If i wanna call it that) for at least the last Half Year.. but i've had a strange, for a lack of better words, 'Slicing'.. by that, i mean there has been a long bar of Black on the bottom of the Screen.. which i know wasnt there when the year began.

And it's not just one TV that i have that is seeing this, i noticed that another, a small flatscreen, seemed to pick it up at perhaps the same time..

I know it's not an internal issue, especially as both are Rarely used other than when guests are around.

Does anyone have an idea as to what it might be?

GhostHunter94

Estimable
Mar 20, 2015
The Black Bar doesnt move though, it just stays right where it is on both TVs, like there is a weird cropping that happened at some point back.

Plus, i dont really hear any humming associated with the thing.. so if it really was a Hum Bar, i think it should have disappeared by now.

dudio

Admirable
Hum bars don't make sound, it's just the odd name it's given.
So the problem is on 2 different TV's in different rooms. What do they have in common?.. both run off same tuner or box somewhere or are they totally independent? Do they share a signal amplifier? .. anything?