DOJ Indicts Eight in $9 Million Fraud Ring

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jenoin

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
@homrqt
This one appears to have been successful... If you are asking how often $9M is charged to payroll debit cards and the companies that own them don't notice, I would guess it is very very rare.

False_Dmitry_II

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2009
I disagree. I've heard of plenty of ways where the person who did something similar-esque would have gotten away with it easily, if they hadn't done something incredibly stupid.

One that easily comes to mind, the company had no clue at all. The FBI showed up to arrest the guy one day. Told the company what he did, and they caught him cause he was spending money left and right that he shouldn't have had. Stuff like cash for a house and whatnot.

By definition noone notices successful ventures. Sort of like how you don't want to hire a famous hitman, because that means he's terrible.

kingnoobe

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2008
People that do things like this or so smart yet so freaking stupid. You should be prepared to disappear ASAP when you pull something this big off. Not stand around twiddling your thumbs cause you think you pulled a fast one.

mitchmeister03

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2009
My question is, are all of these people in the country now? They were removing tons of cash from all over the world... and came back to the US? Confused.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
[citation][nom]w4ffles[/nom]You pirate some songs or movies and you get a heftier punishment. Anyone else see what's wrong?[/citation]
Murderers get less than the hacker or the pirate.

Status
Not open for further replies.