Solved! Dolby 5.1 audio output

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samwanjeri

Commendable
Feb 2, 2020
I have a sony x8000g and a sony dav dz650 hometheatre. Got some movies with dolby digital 5.1 audio. When I load using usb drive to the hometheatre directly I get 5.1 output but only stereo when I load to the tv and use hdmi arc connection. How can I connect the two to get 5.1 audio output when loading movies to the tv? Loading directly on the hometheatre isn't a good choice since I'm limited to low picture quality.

Solution
I think the two options at the TV are only providing two channel audio.
ARC (Audio Return Channel) (HDMI IN 3 only) (Two channel linear PCM: 48 kHz 16 bits, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS)
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) Digital optical jack (Two channel linear PCM: 48 kHz 16 bits, Dolby Digital, DTS)

Eventually test the TV with other audio settings (PCM/Digital/DTS), but I don´t think it´s possible with your setup
I think the two options at the TV are only providing two channel audio.
ARC (Audio Return Channel) (HDMI IN 3 only) (Two channel linear PCM: 48 kHz 16 bits, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus, DTS)
DIGITAL AUDIO OUT (OPTICAL) Digital optical jack (Two channel linear PCM: 48 kHz 16 bits, Dolby Digital, DTS)

Eventually test the TV with other audio settings (PCM/Digital/DTS), but I don´t think it´s possible with your setup

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.