Question Don't Download Windows 11 Home, Version 21H2 Until You Read This!!

Jan 10, 2023
Each and every one of these Windows reviews is glorified microsoft praise without seemingly ever taking into account the average home user! I have to wonder if any of these reviewers have actually attempted to install windows 11 on a computer that was in use on a regular basis?? here's why! Microsoft couldn't give a hoot about its customers as evidenced by my attempting to "upgrade" my existing windows 11 to the windows 11 home 21h2 revision. Here's what happens:
A. microsoft inspects your computer for a few minutes and then says that its ready to install the new software.
B. In my case, it then started to download (not install). Ive got a high speed connection and it took about 30 minutes, the last 97%-100% taking 10 minutes.
C. Now the fun begins! The download finishes and now it begins to install. Then, after 10 minutes it tells me that I don't have enough space for the install!! So what the heck was microsoft analyzing prior to telling me that it was ok to install it???
D. Now, all hell breaks loose as microsoft says that I need to install extra space via a external hard drive or SD Card. So, I'm thinking, oh shoot, can I just turn my system off now and walk away? Or what? So, luckily, I plug a 32gb external card into my computer and up pops a microsoft message that it sees the card and that I now need to eliminate/trash 6gb of stuff from my computer before the install can continue. So, I spend a 1/2 hour trashing 7gb of pictures (that i had previously backed up). Then, microsoft continues with the install.
E. Once installed, you are directed to restart your computer and in my case it seemed to be working correctly so I shut it down and went to bed at midnight saying what the heck...
D. So here i am now after starting my computer this morning and up pops the same warning that I need to trash more data from my computer before the install is complete!!

I just clicked it off and then came here to tell you about my experience....

First off, wouldn't it have been advisable for microsoft to have told me up front that I didnt have enough space for the install?? BIG DUH...
Can you imagine what may have happened (or still may happen) if I didn't have the 32gb card available last night??? What would I have done, should have done, and what may the consequences have been if I had just shut my computer down mid-installation???
BTW, since the Win 11 Home 21H2 install I no longer have any audio and its telling me that "no audio device is installed... Here I go again...

So again, do any of these reviewers actually take the time to try an install these new windows packages on a real home computer that they use on a daily basis?? I doubt it. And don't Rave about it and simply be a microsoft fanboy/girl until you've done your homework and walked in the shoes of the millions of people relying on you to provide an honest and useful review!!

My 2 cents from a guy who has been building his own personal computers since the 8086 days...

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2023
Hello just putting in my 2p in regards to anyone installing W11. I have installed it on 3 laptops now, 1 supported and 2 unsupported. 2 of the laptops have UEFI the other is a plain old bios / MBR Fujitsu which I will get back to later.
The two laptops with UEFI installed no problems at all upgrading as to be expected as more modern design. The Fujitsu AH531 was originally installed with Windows 7 and backward compatible with Xp. It never liked Windows 10 and every update broke something. Infact it could only use earlier versions of 10 as if it automatically updated to anything newer than H19 it would install ,roll back and endless bootloop until Windows 7 was reinstalled.
So for an experiment I tried putting Windows 11 on the Fujitsu, and to my suprise everything worked!! Even updated to 22H2 with no problems as I was expecting a boot loop!!
Now here is the thing, the Fujitsu is a gen 2- i5 and the other UEFI laptop is a gen 3. Both were slow after upgrading. I just assumed it was the age of the chips inside.

But I found doing a FRESH Install on all 3 laptops they performed like rocket ships after the upgrades, even compared to their original OS's.
I just downloaded the iso from Microsoft and used Rufus to format the USB drive accordingly to the requirements of each laptop.
Hope this helps anybody out.

Sounds like the issue is simply you did not have enough space to do the upgrade., not a huge issue. No one reviews Windows on a system without enough free space, it's usually done on a clean build, and if someone tests out the upgrade they would have made sure there is plenty of storage.

Hardware requirements
To install or upgrade to Windows 11, devices must meet the following minimum hardware requirements:
  • Processor: 1 gigahertz (GHz) or faster with two or more cores on a compatible 64-bit processor or system on a chip (SoC).
  • RAM: 4 gigabytes (GB) or greater.
  • Storage: 64 GB* or greater available storage is required to install Windows 11.
    • Extra storage space might be required to download updates and enable specific features.