Don't Miss NASA Crashing Stuff Into the Moon!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dax corrin

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2009
[citation][nom]supertrek32[/nom]*knocks moon out of orbit*NASA: "...Uh... Whoops?"XD Couldn't resist.[/citation]
Wow. Almost l;ike "Space:2009" Except there's no moonbase Alpha, and a lot of other stuff. so nevermind.

smokinu

Distinguished
May 30, 2008
Creating a moonquake that rips the moon apart send the shattered remains into the the earths atmosphere, killing all of man kind.

G

Wow, horribly written article.

Maybe I can't read, but what day is it?

You state what time, but not what day. What a load of bull.

Ed Brown

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
[citation][nom]sicundercover[/nom]Odd world we live in when putting something on another astral body is considered a small feet. But when a old drug addicted actress or mentally underdeveloped child molesting singer dies, thats news?[/citation]

+1 and /thread

It's almost to a point where I kind of hope people in congress at least won't pay much attention to pure science research like this.

Why?

They might find "better" things to do with the funding like bailing out monopolistic, corrupt and laughably mismanaged banks/insurance companies.

Raidur

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2008
Umm... what justifies a (my) country, in the midst of a recession, to fund things like this?

Another thing, does the shuttle really have to be traveling that fast? Hell the fastest plane in the world doesn't even go half that fast.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
One more thing, Wouldn't this have some consecuences, since the moon controls the tides in the ocean? Like for instance, if the shuttle moves the moon just a wee bit in the wrong direction, all hell will break loose!
And can someone answer my first question plz? :)

G

"Wow, horribly written article. Maybe I can't read, but what day is it? You state what time, but not what day. What a load of bull. "

At least Jane can write. You, thogrom, can't read.

Second paragraph says....

"So how early am I forcing you to rise? If you're on the East Coast, you might be awake anyway. Unfortunately for those on the West Coast, unless you work the graveyard shift, you're likely still asleep at 04:30 a.m. on a Friday so you'll actually have to set an alarm."

She also says it is happening this weekend. Friday is part of this weekend.

Yeah, you can't read, thogrom.

kingssman

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Cough cough... Okay, Ever wonder how all those massive craters ended up on the moon in the first place? Well for starters, it took explosions way bigger than 1KT to form them, and second, it didn't seem to knock the moon out of orbit so far. some of those craters are about the size of states. Now interesting note, Water on the moon will be relevant for future moon missions, since it will be the First "water" sample ever to be brought back from space, which could contain massive amounts of information about ice in the cosmos.

anamaniac

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2009
[citation][nom]Pei-chen[/nom]Ban weapon testing in space (again).[/citation]

Sadly enough...
Haven't we already blown enough nukes on our own soil?

Status
Not open for further replies.