Don't Use Teamviewer

hellcinder99

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011
This is a heads up to anyone who uses Teamviewer as a remote tool for support or just to access machines.

Remove it immediately. I've had several breaches on computers in different locations. The users have the machine taken over, then paypal or ebay is accessed. The only way this would have been possible is if Teamviewer itself was breached, which they are denying. I've gone and done research to see if I was the only person having this issue and was dumbfounded by how many people have been compromised in the last couple months. Heres a post from reddit with more links to people having this same issue.

Just a heads up.

https://www.reddit.com/r/teamviewer/comments/4jr9qn/hacked_trough_teamviewer_1800_spent_on_paypal/

MCServerOwner

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012

This isn't a question and is in violation of Tom's Hardware rules because this post is simply an announcement. If you want to post something like this you need to post this in the discussions area.

Mods/OP: please move thread to discussions - thanks!

hellcinder99

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2011

Why spend all that time typing that up for something that isn't helpful at all.

MCServerOwner

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012

Then why is this posted as a question? It should be under the discussion threads about antivirus and security.

g-unit1111

Distinguished

I don't see anything that violates the TOS here but will keep an eye on it.

MCServerOwner

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012

It was just in the wrong location as a question instead of a discussion. It has been moved now, all is good. :p

cdabc123

Estimable
Jun 9, 2015

it will show up in the forum feed either way

markzonder

Distinguished
Dec 12, 2011

I agree. Teamviewer seems to have been what made my macbook accessible and paypal purchases were made, with the order sites being in my local browser history.