Dota 2 dropped fps but NOT thermal throttling g

Nerolex

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015
Hello

Today when I played dota on my gigabyte p35x v3, I checked out the frames and I got around 70 to 90 fps when I should be getting 110 to 120fps. This is very odd.

Before when I played it, the fans were maxed out and I was getting 110 to 120fps but now the fans don't even get up to max but probably around 75%. I used Intel XTU to check out what's happening when I'm on dota and at the moment it says I've got 0% thermal throttling which is good but still the frames persist with 70 to 90fps. The load cpu temperature that I'm supposed to be getting is around 85 to 90 degrees Celsius but I'm only getting around 70 to 80 degrees Celsius. I know I'd rather have my cpu temp at 70 to 80 but it's just not performing at its full potential.

If you guys could help, that'll be cool!

Thanks!

Nerolex

Estimable
Dec 16, 2015

Hi thanks for the suggestion but something tells me it may not be the gpu but the cpu instead. After experimenting to figure out the problem, I found one of the issues that could lead up to it. I noticed that everytime I plugged the laptop in charge, the cpu temp would just randomly spike. Each core would randomly spike from low 50s to low 60s and each second this occurs, each different core would spike. I.e 4 cores so each would spike every second.

Thanks for the reply!