DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION- No Solutions so far. (Windows 10, Acer Aspire e5-573g, nvidia geforce 940m)

emceemosk

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION: No solutions so far have helped. Found a problematic driver to be the NVIDIA sound driver "nvlddmkm.sys", problem is I cannot boot my computer normally to reinstall the drivers. I've tried to disable the nvidia sound driver in device manager, no luck whatsoever. I keep getting caught in an endless reboot loop. I also cannot upload my memory.dmp file.

emceemosk

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
I've totally uninstalled everything, additionally did a clean reinstall of windows 10. I attempted to install the most current driver for my gpu, just to cause the same issue. I've never had issues with this up until the weekend, should I install an older driver? Or is there a better way to find out which driver wont cause the watchdog violation?

If this is repeating after you have done all that, it may well be a driver for something else. You can try an older one and see if it is resolved by that, or see if they have come up with a fix and a newer updated driver, but should it continue to be a problem, I would really check the other drivers as well.

emceemosk

Commendable
Oct 11, 2016
Yeah ive done everything, clean installed windows, windows updated and am now receiving "DRIVER_IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" with the cause being nvlddmkm.sys. So it seems whenever that nvidia file gets on to my laptop it crashes. I'm at a loss for what to do.

Aug 7, 2018
When I got a Driver_Irql_equal_or_less All I did was put in my windows 10 installation disc. (In your case might be a usb drive) Put all the language settings and then clicked on fix my computer and there navigated to cmd. In cmd you want to type in diskpart. It may take a little bit so be patient. When diskpart is on type in "list disk" after that it should list all storage devices inside your pc. then type "select disk (x)" (x) Indicates whatever number. Then type "clean" after that type "create partition primary" and after that you type "format fs=fat32" or "format fs=ntfs" google what fat32 and ntfs mean and then insert the proper one. now the formatting can take quite a while, so if you dont have time you can write "format fs=fat32/ntfs quick" aka. Add "quick" to the end so it will format faster. now just do this to every disk that diskpart lists. This wipes your computer out completely so backup before doing this if you have something important on your pc. Then re install windows and install an older version of nvidia drivers.

TRENDING THREADS