Solved! Driver for Lenovo S340-14IWL integrated graphics card?

Aug 9, 2019
Hello. I cannot find a proper driver for my graphics card. The screen is too bright and I cannot adjust the brightness with they screen hotkeys on my keyboard.
I have bought new Lenovo 14 inch Ideapad S340 laptop, specifically this one
S340-14IWL Laptop (ideapad) - Type 81N7

I tried installing the recommended driver by using the official PC support site of Lenovo, PC Support Lenovo.
However when it got to the part "Launch Display Driver" it showed an error message "The installation package is not supported by this processor type".
Note: It is the integrated Intel graphics card, not the NVidia version of laptop.

Where can I find a display driver for my new laptop without using those third party Driver Package Installers?

Note: I am on Windows 10 64 bit OS. I have downloaded several heavy updates for my Windows. It managed to find most of the drivers on its own, like touch-pad etc. However it might pass long time before it finds proper graphics card driver.

Solution
It may well have nothing at all to do with the driver, but actually be in the settings. Which would have changed during a reinstall of the system. However, in the future, I would suggest not going that far. Additionally, you should not get drivers from other places. Stick with the ones the manufacturer's site has. Alternate drivers from others place can be more problematic than helpful.

In regard to settings for brightness in the future, try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click...
It may well have nothing at all to do with the driver, but actually be in the settings. Which would have changed during a reinstall of the system. However, in the future, I would suggest not going that far. Additionally, you should not get drivers from other places. Stick with the ones the manufacturer's site has. Alternate drivers from others place can be more problematic than helpful.

In regard to settings for brightness in the future, try this...

1. Go into "Control Panel" and then "Power Options".

2. Click the "Change plan settings" link next to which ever plan you are currently using and then click "Change advance power settings".

3. In this new window click "Display" to open up the listings under it.

4. Now locate and click each of the following..."Display brightness", "Dimmed display brightness" and "Enable adaptive brightness".

5. Change each of these to the settings you wish, then click the "Apply" button and finally the "OK" button.

6. You should be good.

Solution