Driver support for windows 7

New1

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
Hi guys,

So, recently i did a complete downgrade from windows 8.1 to windows 7 ultimate, on my acer aspire e5-551. I didn't back up anything as i didnt really need to, but now I'm in a real mess, the wifi and other drivers I installed on my other pc and put on my hard drive. However, when i install them on the acer it's saying things like wrong os or not compatible things like that.

By the way, i only have the windows 7 disc, and no windows 8 as it came installed with the laptop, and i have a amd processor with amd graphics.

Any help please?!

Thanks in advance

Solution
From Acer, there are only Windows 8.1 drivers. You'll have to look up each part individually, and try to find the relevant drivers.
WiFI, LAN, etc.

New1

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
Usafret, thanks for your comment, i have tried a few they may work but, as i said a message with wrong os i showing up, but thanks anyway.

Junkeymonkey, i would appreciate some answers instead of criticism.

orlbuckeye

Distinguished
First of all you better hope you don't have hardware failures since Acer probably won't honor warranty. (I hope you didn't buy extended). You have to find the maker of all components and goto the makers website and see if they have drivers. Guess what you really did need to backup because when you make a backup DVD it also makes a driver DVD.

The criticism is earned. It's better to research something before you make changes. All you needed to do with Windows 8.1 is hide Metro and it will just like Windows 7 plus everything that came with your pc will be compatible. You can't even return it now.