"Driver windows 8(r) has stopped working and has been successfully recovered"

Francesco_nicoli

Estimable
Nov 25, 2015
Hi,

After the recent Windows 10 update I am facing a continous "Driver windows 8(r) has stopped working and has been successfully recovered" error (several times per day).

I bought the laptop with windows 10 already installed. it updated few days ago. I run two graphic cards: intel 400 hd, and Nvidia 950M. the problems seem to happen with the former.

I don't understand several things.

First: why does it say "driver windows 8(R) when, in fact, I alway runned with windows 10?
second: when I run the intel driver update utility, it won't find anything because I have "manufacturer's drivers installed" (I guess from ASUS, the laptop producer). However, in the downlaod history of the intel update utility I have a driver version 15.33 for windows 10.
Howeve, when I run the Intel Graphics Control Panel, it says that the current installed version of my driver is 10.18.
If I try to install the version 15.33 trhough manual setup (which I still have in my download files), it won't let me install it because of the "manufacturer" issue of above.

Any help or suggestion? if you need any additional information, please ask: I'm willing to solve this issue which driving me little crazy.

Franz

Solution
Hi,

Please do try these driver from Intel's Support site that may work.
- First, uninstall Intel graphics driver from Device Manager.
- Download and install these driver
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25188/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT-
- After the installation reboot your laptop and see if this will solve the issue for good.
Hi,

Please do try these driver from Intel's Support site that may work.
- First, uninstall Intel graphics driver from Device Manager.
- Download and install these driver
- https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/25188/Intel-HD-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-10-64bit-3rd-Gen-BYT-
- After the installation reboot your laptop and see if this will solve the issue for good.

Solution