Question Toshiba Satellite a205-s5825 graphics driver

Apr 7, 2022
Hi I have a Toshiba Satellite A205-S5825 laptop. I just installed Windows 10 on it successfully. My only issue is the display adapter shows Microsoft basic display. I cant find the proper driver.

The specs show it's a Mobile intel graphics media accelerator x3100. However I have a sticker on the case that shows it has a ATI video. I have ran both the AMD and Intel driver advisors and found nothing. Checking the Toshiba site (Dynabook) site and found nothing.

Windows 7 was previously on this machine and like a dummy I forgot to check to see what driver it was using
Any help greatly appreciated

Apr 7, 2022
I was just advised to you a program called Speccy. It shows the GPU RS690M with device id 1002-791f. Hope it helps

Apr 7, 2022
Thanks for the reply. I have tried several drivers with out sucess. I don't give up easy, but this I think has got me beat. I was hoping someone else might of had a similar issue and solution

Thanks again

Apr 7, 2022
Thanks for the reply. I seen that in the specs, however it has a ATI sticker on it . Confusing.
In any event I finally got it installed using the Radeon x1200 driver from the Microsoft catalogue.
Again thanks for your time much appreciated

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
nicole50119 Laptop Tech Support 0
savedlema Laptop Tech Support 1
D Laptop Tech Support 2
Andy craepher Laptop Tech Support 0
Hydr0FluoricAcid Laptop Tech Support 1
C Laptop Tech Support 3
S Laptop Tech Support 1
M Laptop Tech Support 0
lexahrro Laptop Tech Support 1
P Laptop Tech Support 3