Mar 24, 2020
HP Envy 13” X360
Model 8CG8324G5M
AMD Ryzen 7 with Vega 10 graphics.

I installed drivers for them off of the AMD website following all instructions correctly. Upon restart I found an extreme lag to my screen, meaning it only rendered a single frame every 30 seconds or so. I used safe mode to remove the driver and attempted to reinstall drivers from the HP site which informed me that they were not compatible.

I wiped the computer and did a full reinstall of windows only to find the problem persisting until I disable the graphics drivers from safe mode. The AMD software is no longer installed either.

Does anyone have any solutions to this problem or explanations for what is happening? Unless I’m mistaken the drivers should be the original windows drivers right?

Which driver from the HP homepage did you try? This one?
https://support.hp.com/us-en/driver...del/21869429/swItemId/ob-233084-2?sku=3EC92AV

I assume the CPU you are using is a Ryzen 7 2700U Raven Ridge?

In windows device manager you can try to update the GPU driver by right clicking on the VEGA graphics unit and then clicking on "update driver". Internet connection has to be on.

You can try to use the HP recovery partition as well.

Mar 24, 2020
That was the exact driver I tried when it said it was non compatible.

After disabling the graphics driver I did update the driver using device manager. It had an update and upon restart it was the same lag as before.

yes I am using the Raven Ridge