Discussion My laptop screen turned black and shut down when I Enabled Intel(R) HD Graphics 620 driver

Jun 21, 2019
Hi!! I recently bought a new SSD to replace my broken HDD and installed windows 10. I had also installed the drivers for intel(R) HD Graphics 620 driver and Nvidia GeForce 930MX driver that I downloaded from Asus laptop manufacturer website (Laptop model is asus A456UR with motherboard X456URK). But the laptop screen always turned black and shut down mid installation, so I decided to install the drivers in safe mode.
I successfully installed the drivers and restarted my laptop, but the laptop screen always turned black and shut down after Asus logo. Later, I booted to safe mode and decided to disable intel driver in device manager and my laptop can work just fine, but I cannot use the GPU. Without the graphic cards, I couldn't play any games.

Laptop: ASUS A456UR (System model and BIOS: X456URK)
Nvidia GeForce 930MX
Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-7200 CPU @ 2.50 GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.7 GHz
Intel(R) HD Graphics 620

I also tried to use sfc /scannow, but it shows windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation
I tried Dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth, but it shows error 87.
Sometimes laptop will shows BSOD and it tells me that it has bad system config info.

Any help and suggestions would be appreciated :)
Thx

Jun 21, 2019
I tried to install the driver from the intel website, but laptop still will shuts down when intel HD driver is enabled. I decided to reset my laptop and reinstall it, but it still didn't work.
Anybody got another suggestion? Thx!!