Question Laptop- black screen and not boot screen

Sep 9, 2023
Hi

Im having an issue with my Gigabyte Aorus 15g KC laptop, and i dont know what to do next.

It has happend the day after i installed chrome, and i can see there has been a windows update the day prior to.

All of a sudden, the screen is black. I have tried everything i can think of.

Was in the other room for 10 minites. Came back and the screen was black / off.

The screen on the laptop is black no matter what i do.

Im listing all the thing i have tried so far.

• Connected it to a external screen, and it worked with both hdmi and mini displayport.
  • Disabled fast start
  • Disabled every sleep option in power settings.
  • No boot screen anywhere. So unable to hard reset og acces bios.
  • Tried accesing repair mode. No luck. The external screen only shows a picture when it has loaded the win 11 login screen.
  • Tried booting from win boot usb drive. No luck
  • Updatet all graphics drivers
  • Updated bios (via gigabyte control center)
  • Rolled back windows update
  • Tried to reset from windows. It wouldn't let me.
  • Updated every driver
  • Pulled the battey and the cmos battery.
After i pulled the battery, a can't even get a picture via hdmi or min displayport anymore.

I can hear it reaches the windows login screen, because it plays the sound. But no picture anywhere now.

What do i do next?

Thank you.

Aug 19, 2023
If you think its something to do with the upgrades, which I highly doubt, then you can boot from a bootable windows/linux USB.
try to login to the windows you can figure out with the black screen and then connect the external monitor.
for your black screen issue, check all the connectors are seated correctly or not, may be clean them with electronics cleaner. if that does not work you may have to cahnge the lcd cable or the LCD altogether.