Drivers Broke my Laptop?

AdamSo15

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017
Okay so, I was playing some games on my laptop (Alienware m11x r2) just playing some classic titles like Cod mw3, and i was experiencing some frame drops and screen tearing, and i thought to myself "Okay, maybe it's because i haven't installed the drivers yet" so i went to intel's (or Dells i don't remember) site and found the drivers and installed them. One of the drivers said i had to restart my laptop, not a problem. So i did and when i fired it back up everything seemed normal, SEEMED normal. I tried to play my games, but instead they just crashed or just refused to open. I couldn't even access my settings, my SETTINGS. And every time I launched Steam, a pop up would come up and say "Please visit www.nvidia.com for the latest drivers" And even then I tried to install the drivers and it STILL wouldn't work, the download would just crash and close the program, I tried doing this several times, at LEAST 10 times, all of them crashed. Some games and applications just refuse to open or just crash within the first 5 seconds. What's happening?

AdamSo15

Prominent
Jun 27, 2017

Well actually i just fixed it, i had the wrong display drivers and i uninstalled them and got the newest ones, everything's working much better now, but i appreciate you for helping.

TRENDING THREADS