DROID Pro Launching Q4; 1.3GHz, Android 3.0

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zaznet

Distinguished
May 10, 2010
[citation][nom]scione[/nom]I keep waiting and waiting for the top of the line... but man they are really pumping out new models. All I ask is for a phone that doesnt become "old" in as little as 8 months[/citation]

Wait until the device meets your needs at the price you are willing to pay. It is going to be a long time before the smart phone market turns into the console market of new releases every 5 to 10 years.

pcwlai

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2003
Is that really important for a fast mobile CPU? It is better to have the Android upgraded to make the CPU and GPU balance the work.

Unix/Linux created the better concept in windowing server and client design than Windows but it is Mac OS X and iOS perfected it.

If crawling on hardware design only, then, Android will just drive their users to iOS. Introduced by Android and landing in iOS in the coming decade.

RichR

Distinguished
May 3, 2004
I'm liking Samsung's designs more than Motorola's ones but I can't understand why Samsung is so behind in their Verizon line!?

jellico

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2009
[citation][nom]Igot1forya[/nom]I heart my droid[/citation]
Amen, brother! I just got a Droid X and this thing is pure sex! I know they'll come out with better ones, and in another year or two, I'm sure I will upgrade. But for right now, I am totally thrilled with this bad boy! Can wait till the OTA upgrade to 2.2 (yeah, I could root it, but I don't see the need... yet!). :)

webbwbb

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2009
It seems doubtful that we will see a CDMA iPhone anytime soon. Apple just hired new antenna engineers and none of the postings asked for someone with previous experience with CDMA designs but they did mention different versions of wifi and quad band GSM. The antenna designs for different frequencies can be greatly different from one-another so if they are not hiring anyone who has worked with CDMA then it seems far-fetched that they would be building a device for that platform.

They had horrendous problems with the current antenna design and, I believe, have learned from those mistakes. Do not get me wrong here. I hate Apple and hope they go into complete obscurity but I know they are not stupid. They messed up horribly and have likely learned from their screw up.

Kahless01

Distinguished
Sep 14, 2009
phones are the new desktops and laptops. people used to replaced their computers every 2 years or so. now theyre lasting longer they dont have that income so they have phones that become outdated so quickly they can get people to buy one every year at around half the price of a desk/laptop and they still have a steady revenue stream. you could always take care of your phone and keep it for a few years.

HavoCnMe

Distinguished
Jun 3, 2009
Smart phones are getting faster, so why is taking so long to produce a 4GHz processor that uses .500v? I swear my phone will be faster than my pc in the next two years. By then it will be hard to determine a phone from a laptop. JMO

CptTripps

Distinguished
Oct 25, 2006
Running captivate here. Love it!!! Rooted, enabled sideloading and am loving wifi tethering for no extra charge. My friend with an Itouch connected up and it worked flawless.

G

Glad the Pro will be a world phone. Not sure how much faster these phones need to go to be more useful (though it certainly won't hurt them). Though nothing was leaked about camera improvements, I really, really hope Motorola also updates camera quality, including switching to larger image processors, and state of the art lens... thus making use of onboard 8 megapixel (or higher MP) cameras. Finally, I actually wouldn't mind if the screen was slightly larger. And, yes I have small hands. Well, I'm already used to picking up my wall phone, and that's certainly way larger than 4 inches or, even 4.3 inches.

Status
Not open for further replies.