Dropbox no longer working

JDahl

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
Hey folks,

Not sure where else to post this. But I am having a strange issue with dropbox. I cannot UL or DL to/from dropbox. Using logmein, I have verified that I can access all my files from other synced computers. The issue is isolated just to my laptop, which has worked fine in the past.

I noticed this morning a strange issue where the files were taking for ever to sync on my home laptop. It was clearly hung up. So I checked my work computer via logmein and it was fine.

I tried downloading another file through google, and my speeds were fine. So it is not an internet connectivity issue. It is isolated solely to dropbox. I tried accessing my dropbox via my web browser, and was having difficulty as well. In fact, I am having trouble accessing dropbox.com at all.

I uninstalled dropbox from my laptop using Revo unistaller, and tried re-installing dropbox. Can't Download the installer. I routed into my work PC and was able to download the installer .exe file, and via google drive was able to get it on my laptop.

It just times out and routes me back to the website to download again, which doesn't work.

Once again, all other downloads from the internet are functioning normally. I scanned for malware, and it came back negative.

Anyone have any idea?

JDahl

Honorable
Sep 15, 2013
One more thing I should add, and I have strong suspicions this is the culprit. While my dropbox was syncing this morning I ran "CCleaner" program and cleaned up the registry.... I am no computer expert, but wanted to share that as I know that is always a risky proposition. I can't verify wether or not dropbox was working before hand as it was mid sync.