DropBox Sued Over Recent Password ''Bug''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation]...instead from new outlets...[/citation]

news*

Being a Dropbox user... I had no idea this even happened until now.... interesting.

RazberyBandit

Distinguished
Dec 25, 2008
^ Class-action suits rarely result in any single party getting rich. The last one I could have taken part in would have netted me a whole $2 and change - not worth the stamps.

hoof_hearted

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
And this is why I will never embrace this overhyped of late "cloud". Also with the recent security breeches on various gaming companies and such, I can't understand this big push to keep more of our data externally.

sliem

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2009
[citation][nom]JDog2pt0[/nom]People are getting more pathetic by the day. Maybe I should become an attorney.[/citation]

No, don't. You'll end up in Hell where they all belong.
Hahaha.

bison88

Distinguished
May 24, 2009
Just another troll trying to profit off of a piss poor mishap that SOMETIMES happens when you're dealing with that many users and a complex code and system as DropBox. Sure points were proven but the person doesn't really give a damn. Just trying to get some headlines (which they've now done) and collect a few shillings.

shanky887614

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2010
why dont these stupied people think, encrypt your data before you upload

i dont know about you but i wouldnt hand my phone switched on to be put in the safe, why becasue the person putting it in the safe/ anyone with access or a potential thief has access to it

how stupied can you get

jcoultas98

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2009
Screw that, Dropbox was smart. Could you imagine having 25 million users try to call the hotline at once? Instead, they did the research, found out who was affected, made sure they got taken care of. They basically avoided mass panic. Tell Ms. Wong where to shove her eggroll.

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
Wait... who puts sensitive data on a dropbox share?!? (...or any other cloud service for that manner.) Sometimes the burden of due diligence lies with the individual.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]amdwilliam1985[/nom]Knew that coming.Living the "American Dream", suing [anything/anyone] to become rich[/citation]
businesses dont give a DAMN about people, they care about money. go on, when was the last time you got change from a nicely written email? you get change when you kick them in their wallets.

a class action isnt about getting money, its about getting change and being damn sure that the lawsuit wont go away without publicity and wont be payed off.

RogueKitsune

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2009
There is almost nothing confidential in my DropBox, and what little there is in there are in encrypted and passworded archives. The reason i do this is because s*!t happens, and if you don't have backup plans you are out of luck

palladin9479

Distinguished
Jul 26, 2008
Uhh huu, sure, store your data in "the cloud" where it's "safe". Eventually people will realize that trusting someone "else" with your sensitive data makes as much sense as trusting someone "else" with your back account, house keys and full power of attorney. You better damn well know how they are and have some sort of legal protection from them abusing that trust. None of that is present in the current "cloud" services.

Humans think

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2009
The only good thing that Dropbox did is that they actually admitted that they made a mistake and they didn't used the hack attack as a scapegoat. Nevertheless companies that store peoples data in the cloud should be sued when they do mistakes or neglect security. I really thing that strong laws should be made that make clouds so hard to implement that they will go extinct. But that's just me, I guess...

The other thing is that when personal data leaks happen in the web the punishment seems inproportionally smaller than the ones happen the traditional way even though leaks are larger in numbers...

Status
Not open for further replies.