Duke Nukem Forever Pushed Back to June

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dco

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2010
When will the disappointment end?

I think it will continue on even after its released, as much as i loved duke nukem 3d back in the day, this game looks like your average FPS, nothing more. No way it will live up to all the hype.

falcompsx

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
lol, how many years will you suckers keep thinking the release date really is just around the corner? Prime example of pure Vaporware.

idlerp

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2010
[citation][nom]hellwig[/nom]Two Words: Not Enough DRM!!!Someone in the beta-test group was probably able to actually install and run the game on a computer. This was a clear sign to management that the DRM had failed. When asked to clarify, 2KGames spokesperson Cho Ken M'Groin stated: "Clearly, the only way to protect our intellectual property in the modern digital age is to make sure no one can access that property. We want to ensure our customers that the content they can not access will maintain its high production levels in the future, and the only way to do that is to maintain steady income streams, which are at constant risk from pirates." When asked how a non-playable game would sit with their customers, M'Groin responded "The game 'hasn't been playable' for almost 15 years, and that didn't stop all the hype."[/citation]

Your sarcasm fails here. Gearbox's last game (Published by 2K as well) had absolutely no DRM. I literally copied Borderlands straight from my Steam directory onto my other PC and played it online. It doesn't even have a serial check for online play.

NuclearShadow

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2007
Am I the only one who while loves Duke sort of hopes this game never gets released?
This game has been the king of vaporware Duke Nukem Forever even has the perfect name for this. I have a gut feeling when I wake up the day its finally released I will wake up to the four horsemen Death, Famine, Pestilence, and Lindsay Lohan riding in the sky.

DjEaZy

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2008
... in a way... i'm a bit afraid, that it will come out... after that... what will happen after that? the chase is better than the catch...

G

I would rather they pushed it back than released something with a load of bugs that pretty much requires a patch to be playable, which is par for the course these days. Not too worried but considering it's history with push backs it is a little ominous :)

RedPhoenix

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2007
after seeing this video im even more sure im gonna buy it.
i mean it was hilarious way of saying sorry, after over a decade this is nothing

jsheridan

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
didn't see this coming, I actually thought it would be released on time after the other 13 years of delays, then again what is another month going to hurt by now.

Status
Not open for further replies.