Solved! durability question

Mar 14, 2020
I just grew out of my Galaxy S6 Active, I really liked that phone. I bought an Ulefone Armor 6s to replace, but it has a 6.2" screen, too big for me. I live in Alaska and have butterfingers, so I need a phone at least IP68 (to keep snow out) and not necessary but would prefer mil-std-810g. I just bought a Galaxy s10e, although I just read that they can be pretty fragile.

So here is what I am looking for. A phone with less than a 6" screen (but greater than 5.3"), ingress protection against water, preferably drop protection of some kind, and most importantly (this is what I don't like about Ulefone or Blackview) regular updates on both security and to Android. Any suggestions?

Solution
Since you want a rugged phone and the Active models from Galaxy are no longer made you can only pick the rugged versions out there which means you are stuck with what the vendor and carrier offers for updates.

Just get a full coverage case and get whatever phone you want. S8 Active is newer than yours and is under 6" screen, those are pretty easily available.
Since you want a rugged phone and the Active models from Galaxy are no longer made you can only pick the rugged versions out there which means you are stuck with what the vendor and carrier offers for updates.

Just get a full coverage case and get whatever phone you want. S8 Active is newer than yours and is under 6" screen, those are pretty easily available.

Last edited:
Solution