DVD&VCR COMBO to connect to a smart tv

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
I just got a smart tv I have a DVD & a VCR combo I have a port with those color things that came with my TV do you just hook it up. I already fix my to cable boxes myself.

Solution
Yes, if your TV has the A/V input, then it should work fine! The connections you would be looking for will be 1x red, 1x white, and 1x yellow. If the DVD combo unit has component output, and the TV has component input (Red, green, blue) that will connect fine too, but you will not get any sound through the tv.
Let us know what colours the connections on the back of your TV are.
Better still, take a picture of the back of the TV and the DVD combo unit, and post the link here.
Yes, if your TV has the A/V input, then it should work fine! The connections you would be looking for will be 1x red, 1x white, and 1x yellow. If the DVD combo unit has component output, and the TV has component input (Red, green, blue) that will connect fine too, but you will not get any sound through the tv.
Let us know what colours the connections on the back of your TV are.
Better still, take a picture of the back of the TV and the DVD combo unit, and post the link here.

Solution
Some TVs have a shared component - composite video input (plus audio). You have to select the type of video you are connecting. If you connect a composite video (single yellow RCA) with the input set to component you will get a black and white picture. Don't forget you need two audio connections too.

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
How do you put a picture does the colours have to match one guy said he mix it up and it still worked. You copy the picture and paste it. I can't put the picture how do you do it?

Component colour connections have to match, otherwise you will feed the wrong colour into the wrong feed. To post a picture, first upload it to a site like imgur.com then copy the link. Click 'post an answer' and hit the little picture icon, paste the link into there, and post it on the thread.

Good luck, all the best!
K.

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
My VCRDVD COMBO MODEL IS DVD750VR/17 I did the color stuff I can't upload on that sight it wants a code for the remote control it shows dark maybe I will bring my combo to pcrichard tomorrow to show me what to do.

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017

Greenbaum123

Prominent
Jun 7, 2017
My neighbor just installed for me but I can't get caption with it but the sound and the TV works but it's not as clear do I need to use a hdmi to make it clearer or that's ok anyway.