Dxtory destroying my frames!! - Good system, bad frames

Status
Not open for further replies.

TryteHD

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
6
0
4,510
0
Hey guys, I was wondering if you could help me out with something. I'm getting into recording Battlefield 4 right now and so I got Dxtory. I have installed the lagrith codec and set it to YV12. When recording at 1920x1080 (60fps) it cuts my frames from 100-120 all the way down to 40-50. It's so annoying as I have a system powerful enough to run the game and record at 60, 30 wont do, but it's just not getting there. I'm recording to a different drive which benches 74 MB/S write speed. Please help! 1280x720 doesn't look all too nice and original dxtory file sizes are MASSIVE. Thanks to anyone who can.

System specs:
Intel Pentium G3258 (OC to 4.5GHz) - not bottlenecking, search it up.
MSI R9 280X Twin Frozr (Currently OC from 1020 to 1080, going higher though)
Asus sabertooth Z97 Mark 2
8GB HyperX Fury series 1866MHz DDR3 RAM
Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
External 3TB HDD - USB 3.0, did me fine recording 60fps on my laptop.
Hyper 212 EVO
NZXT H440
 

TryteHD

Estimable
Jan 5, 2015
6
0
4,510
0


Don't worry I fixed it. Changed codec from 'Lagrith YV12' to Default Dxtory codec. I also changed the quality from 'True RGB' to 'Medium 4x4' and also 'Compressed'. I recording now at 1280x720 instead of 1920x1080 (didn't make a difference before but it does now). After this, my frames went from being low to jumping from 60-12 then backup to around 30 and kept getting cuts and stuff. I messed around with priority on task manager which made things worse so I slept on it. Today I opened up the game and saw I was getting steady frames with fraps but it still didn't stay constant 60. So i went to change the settings and they stayed the same. 25% res scale looked the same as my 150%, which in reality it really doesn't. So I looked it up and apparently, there is this line of code that I put in ages ago and it fucks up your game, after the latest patch it made no difference anyway. I removed it and saved the file, I think it was the line 'GstRender.Thread.MaxProcessorCount (#)' the '#' is whatever number you have entered there btw. Delete that line. I also repaired and checked for update in Origin. I then cleared the cache, history and crap off of chrome (because of battlelog). Went onto battlelog and hit refresh. After a few minutes of not actually being able to get into any game getting an error message to try again later, I closed down Chrome and started it again. Went onto battlelog where it asked me to sign in. I did so and joined a game (didn't come up with an error message this time) and I could now change the settings. When I loaded up Dxtory and hit record I was achieving 60+fps frame rates and there was no drops, well a few but that's because my pc has been on for nearly a week now xD. Hope this helped anyone with the same issue!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
I Apps General Discussion 1
S Apps General Discussion 3
W Apps General Discussion 1
M Apps General Discussion 6
D Apps General Discussion 2
R Apps General Discussion 3
U Apps General Discussion 1
L Apps General Discussion 1
T Apps General Discussion 1
B Apps General Discussion 4
G Apps General Discussion 2
S Apps General Discussion 4
K Apps General Discussion 2
E Apps General Discussion 2
A Apps General Discussion 5
E Apps General Discussion 2
C Apps General Discussion 1
N Apps General Discussion 1
A Apps General Discussion 4
B Apps General Discussion 4

ASK THE COMMUNITY