'Dying Light' Sets an Elaborate Stage for Zombie Slaying

Status
Not open for further replies.

epaciga

Honorable
Mar 29, 2012
That looks amazing, consider me teased! I love L4D too, and also can't wait for 3, but its fun to see innovation in this genre. The complaint I have after logging hundreds of hours into left 4 dead is mainly a matter of the game engine they had in 2010 - it just needs a refresh to keep pace with our beefier graphics cards and such. Plus, I hope they can vary the zombies more - by that I mean the skins; they need a random generator so no two zombies look alike. In this coming game, Dying Light, the scenery, the world, and the zombs look spectacular!

roger smith

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
@boju the series dead rising (the predecessor to dying light) began in 06, with left 4 dead starting in 08. my first zombie game was alone in the dark 3 circa 1994, in dos, on a 486 (yes that predates resident evil, console kiddies) the folklore of the zombie is really old. what exactly about this game is copying l4d. the mindless gameplay? nope dying light actually looks interesting. ive seen someone play left 4 dead, there is absolutely no thought behind that gameplay, its mindless. so i think the real question is; who's the real zombies. i think its left 4 dead and day z players.

roger smith

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2008
@boju the series dead rising (the predecessor to dying light) began in 06, with left 4 dead starting in 08. my first zombie game was alone in the dark 3 circa 1994, in dos, on a 486 (yes that predates resident evil, console kiddies) the folklore of the zombie is really old. what exactly about this game is copying l4d. the mindless gameplay? nope dying light actually looks interesting. ive seen someone play left 4 dead, there is absolutely no thought behind that gameplay, its mindless. so i think the real question is; who's the real zombies. i think its left 4 dead and day z players.

clonazepam

Distinguished
Jul 10, 2010
This, Watchdogs, Tom Clancy's The Division, the new Rainbow Six that's in limbo... all reasons to be excited about 2014 =)

One or more may not end up on PC though, not sure.

lightsol

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2012
@Roger smith - its predecesor is not Dead Rising. That is an unrelated THIRD person zombie slaying game with a humoristic touch. The related series is dead ISLAND. a FIRST person zombie slasher/rpg. They sure do share their similarities, but they are different enough.
First release for dead island - 2011.

Does that mean it has anything to do with L4D? Apart from the fact that you kill zombies and that its from a first person perspective - nothing really. Well they both have weapons, but the gameplay is completely different.
That is like going back to the days of old and saying "quake? meh, doom clone" "half life? meh, doom clone" "its fps? meh, doom clone" "doom? Meh, its spear of destiny clone".

Status
Not open for further replies.