EA Says PS Vita Has Better Chance Than Nintendo 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I "pity the fool" walking around trying to carry his or her tablet, smart phone, and portable gaming system around every where they go.

I carry a basic phone, a wallet, 2 sets of keys, a pack of cigarettes, and a lighter. You know what? I'm pretty maxed out on personal storage space lol.... In summer, it can be even worse...

Maybe one of those "man-purses" would help alleviate this... lol

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Yup, man purses are the future investments.[/citation]

It's called a satchel. Indiana Jones wore one.

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
now imagine a handheld that would let you install third party digital distribution software like steam, gfwl, and origin... although the latter isnt the best example, imagine what kind of cheap games we could score for this thing!!!! oh mannnn it would be so DOPE

warcen

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2011
the ps vita can do ewerything a tablet can. its stronger, faster smaller and play games in s 3 cuality and it has all the buttons

Vampyrbyte

Distinguished
Sep 2, 2009
Who even carries a stupid oversized phone that can't make calls?

I'd much rather carry around a PSV in my pocket, that can play games that aren't angry birds or another iteration of Tower Defence, than a tablet.

I do wonder sometimes if the entire population besides me has been bought by tablet manufacturers to constantly say good things about them. I can't see the point!

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]4pockets2hands[/nom]I "pity the fool" walking around trying to carry his or her tablet, smart phone, and portable gaming system around every where they go.I carry a basic phone, a wallet, 2 sets of keys, a pack of cigarettes, and a lighter. You know what? I'm pretty maxed out on personal storage space lol.... In summer, it can be even worse...Maybe one of those "man-purses" would help alleviate this... lol[/citation]
basic phone - stays in car
a wallet - only carry cash, and only when i am planing to buy things
2 sets of keys - car keys only, the rest stay in the car
a pack of cigarettes - dont smoke, but dad does, keeps them in the car
and a lighter - keeps it in the car.

so for me i have 2-5 pieces of paper, 10 quarters (god do i love arcare machines, and you never know where one will pop up) and a portable game system if i know there is a wait.

[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]now imagine a handheld that would let you install third party digital distribution software like steam, gfwl, and origin... although the latter isnt the best example, imagine what kind of cheap games we could score for this thing!!!! oh mannnn it would be so DOPE[/citation]

so very and sadly true. but how many could we realistically play portably?

SteelCity1981

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Yep, he is right.Tthe protable gaming industry is now at a crossroads. When the PSP and Nintendo DS came out they came out around the time when phones still weren't powerful enough to offer the same graphics as portable gaming devices, but now it's a diff story. More and more phones now are capable of playing games that have the graphics power that can compete with the latest portable gaming devices. The only real way the Nintendo 3DS and ther PSP Vita can compete with phones gaming wise if they cut their prices below 150 dollars. The Nintendo 3DS would sell like hot cakes if they dropped the price down to 99 dollars anmd even though they drop it to 169, it's still a bit too high for many consumors to care for especially in this economy. Sure Nintendo would loose even more money selling it for 99 dollars, but if more people will buy them at that price range more gaming developers will start to develope more games for it, thus the quanity and demand will help Nintendo turn a nice profit in the long run for the Nintendo 3DS. Much like if Sony did the same thing for the Vita and dropped the price down to 149.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i read the title, stopped, and went through comments.

here is what i have to say about the title.

they have the SAME CHANCE...

the 3ds sold poorly because NO GAMES for months, than 1 GAME CAME OUT SO FAR and that is a 10 year old REMAKE, granted whats considerd by many to be the best game ever made, but still a 10 year old remake is the current FLAGSHIP GAME.

the psv can succeed by offering 3 things,
1) a quality shooter day 1
2) uncharted day 1
3) older psp games, to download, with improved resolutions, and possibly patched for dual stick support, over the first month, with day 1 games being metal gear solids, god of wars, and probably monster hunter, but thats more japan than america.

nintendo offered us tech demos, shovel ware, and 1 game worth buying, street figher 4, and it was a lesser version than the console, than months later, zelda came out, after the initial launch, which was a BAD move considering there was no game sense launch till zelda that was worth playing.

i was planing for the 3ds to be a day 1 for me
than i saw the lauch lineup
i decided to wait till zelda
zelda was coming out, and i saw what was released sense launch
decided to wait till 5 must play games come out.

than capcom screwed with the re game, and i have very little faith in any game they make any more, and the one game that would have gotten me to but a 3ds got canned (mml3)

heres hoping the psv at least has a good launch lineup.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]Eddieroolz[/nom]I call Vita to be a success, just like EA. I think Sony knows a thing or two about catering to gamers.[/citation]

not really, we asked for dual sticks sense day 1, and over the 2000 3000 and go, we got nothing...

ill give it to them that they know games better than the 360 or wii do for the "hardcore"
but nintendo has the potentially better games, while the psv has games, while good, would make me want to play them on the ps3 instead...

lets hope for day 1 tv output method.

shqtth

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
[citation][nom]ikyung[/nom]Yup, man purses are the future investments.[/citation]

Europe is full of guys with man purses. I think its funny, but over there you cannot laugh, becuase the ratio to guys without man purses to guys with manpurses is large. Plus the idea of getting wacked by a man purse isn't such a plesent thought ;)

Over the past 4 times going to Europe in 10 years, the man purse thing keeps getting woarse.

theranish

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2010
[citation][nom]4pockets2hands[/nom]I "pity the fool" walking around trying to carry his or her tablet, smart phone, and portable gaming system around every where they go.I carry a basic phone, a wallet, 2 sets of keys, a pack of cigarettes, and a lighter. You know what? I'm pretty maxed out on personal storage space lol.... In summer, it can be even worse...Maybe one of those "man-purses" would help alleviate this... lol[/citation]
Yah I don't smoke, so I subs that for functionality sorry your still in the 90s. Hope that works out for you.

hoofhearted

Distinguished
Apr 9, 2004
Why not add "basic phone" capability to the PSV? Aren't they supposed to have a 3GS version or something anyway? It wouldn't seem like much to add. Nothing crazy. I'd pay an extra hundred bucks for the device, plus I would be able to justify it at work as my "phone".

G

God people! just buy both of these consoles, they will beat a smartphone any day!!!! they can play music, go on the web, play good games, and can play Netflix. the Vita can also be a phone with Skype. And on account of the man purse, just get pants or shorts with tons of pockets.

CaedenV

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2011
Cargo pants, way cooler than the man purse, and it is much harder to tell which pockets are full/empty.
At all times I have:
Panasonic video camera (large)
Wallet (small)
Business Card holder (small)
cell phone (medium, not on the smart phone bandwagon yet, at least not until they are smart)
keys (large, in charge of several buildings)
water bottle or soda (large)

All that with room to spare :) Still not getting a portable game system though... too expensive and my computer does much better.

Status
Not open for further replies.